Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Children's Trends Spring 2015


Color Alert!
 Yellow Skirts/Dresses
    
              Miss Blumarine
              via posterchildstyle.com
Oca Loca
Fun and Fun Girl

 Yellow has always been, and will continue to be a classic color for children's wear. It reflects their playful fun loving spirits! A perfect color for spring/summer as well, as it is super mellow. Full yellow outfits (something few adults could pull off as well as these little munchkins can) with flowing skirts and pretty accents such as flowers make the trend very girly and springtime appropriate.


Silhouette Trend!
Bell Shape
Oscar de la Renta
Zac Posen

Dennis Basso
We all know children's trends have to come from somewhere. And it's always from the big girls. A silhouette seen on spring 15 runways that would translate wonderfully into children's wear is the bell shape. It's that cutesy flare a little girl needs to feel like a mini fashionista. It's shape is something that could easily be played up for kids into garments like tutus. I know when I was younger I had numerous puffy slips my mom loved to force me into to wear underneath my dresses to flare them out. Maybe that'll make a comeback!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you talk about children's fashion, as it's something that many of us look right past when thinking about fashion, and you're right, their trends must come from somewhere! I agree that the bell ship is a perfect and age-appropriate trend to translate into children's wear.

    ReplyDelete